Early closures along the North East Line (NEL) between Serangoon and Punggol will take place on selected Fridays & Saturdays between 4 January 2019 – 2 March 2019. This will facilitate additional engineering hours to accelerate maintenance works, such as the replacement of rail crossing and track, and renewing parts of the power and signalling systems.
In addition, early closures of the East West Line between (Bugis – Raffles Place) also take place in January 2019.
The North East Line will continue to have Early Closures on selected Fridays & Saturdays in March 2019, between HarbourFront and Dhoby Ghaut.
Covered in this article:
- Affected stations and sectors
- Last train timings
- Extended feeder bus operating hours
Shuttle Bus Quick Links:
Affected MRT Stations
|North East Line|
As a result, train services on the North East Line between NE12CC13 Serangoon and NE17PTC Punggol will be unavailable during the periods of closure. Train services remain unaffected, although operating at a reduced frequency of about 9 minutes along the remaining sections of the NEL (HarbourFront — Serangoon).
Affected Hours & Dates
- On days of Early Closure:
– 4, 5, 11 & 12 January 2019
– 22 & 23 February 2019
– 1 & 2 March 2019
last trains will depart at 11:00 pm on the affected stretch.
Last Train Timings at Affected Stations
Southbound towards (6) HarbourFront
|Station||Last Train to
|NE10 Potong Pasir||0013|
|NE9 Boon Keng||0015|
|NE8 Farrer Park||0017|
|NE7DT12 Little India||0019|
|NE6NS24CC1 Dhoby Ghaut||0021|
|NE5 Clarke Quay||0023|
|NE3EW16 Outram Park||0027|
Northbound towards (7) Punggol
|Station||Last Train to
|Last Train to
|NE3EW16 Outram Park||2242||2358|
|NE5 Clarke Quay||2245||0002|
|NE6NS24CC1 Dhoby Ghaut||2248||0004|
|NE7DT12 Little India||2250||0006|
|NE8 Farrer Park||2252||0008|
|NE9 Boon Keng||2254||0010|
|NE10 Potong Pasir||2256||0012|
Extended Train Operating Hours
During periods of Early Closure, Operating Hours for the North East Line Southbound Train Service towards HarbourFront, Sengkang LRT and Punggol LRT will be extended.
- Southbound train services on the North East Line from NE12CC13 Serangoon to NE1CC29 HarbourFront will be extended to 12:09am.
- Sengkang LRT services on the East and West Loop will be extended to depart Sengkang at 1:10am.
- Punggol LRT services on the East and West Loop will be extended to depart Punggol at 1:20am.
Shuttle Bus Services
A Shuttle Bus Service will be provided throughout the duration of the early closures. Fares for the Shuttle Bus Services are equivalent to the distance travelled by train.
|MRT Stations Served
|Shuttle 21||602||Serangoon, Kovan, Hougang, Buangkok, Sengkang, Punggol|
Extended Bus Operating Hours
On days of Early Closure, several residential bus services will be extended to allow commuters to connect from the Shuttle Bus Services.
- Hougang Central Bus Interchange
Service 325 – 12:50am
- Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange
Service 83 – 1:30am (Ends at Sengkang Int)
Service 382G – 1:30am
Service 386 – 1:30am
External Links & References:
- Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) & SBS Transit – Enhancement Works for the North East Line to Commence in 2019 – LTA
- North East Line Early Closure – SBS Transit