SBS Transit Bus Service 166 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio Interchange and Clementi Interchange, passing through Thomson, Rochor Canal, Bras Basah, Chinatown, HarbourFront, Alexandra and Dover.
Bus Service 166 will be amended to resume plying its original routing along Bencoolen Street from 11 December 2016. More details here.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Clementi Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Thomson, Kampong Java, Bras Basah, Chinatown, HarbourFront, Alexandra, Dover Rd|
|Route Length||29.1km (D1) | 28.8km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||120 – 125 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2315 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0530 – 2330 (Sunday/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2345 (Weekdays, Sunundays/PHs)
0530 – 0000 (Saturdays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 16 mins
After 1930: 14 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 19 mins
After 1930: 13 – 19 mins
Service 166 is a major trunk route connecting the residential estates of Ang Mo Kio, Upper Thomson, Clementi and Dover to the Central areas of Bras Basah, Clarke Quay, Outram Park and HarbourFront.
Providing both inter-town and City connections, this route benefits from generous demand during most parts of the day, with increased demand during peak hours.
- Telok Blangah Road (HarbourFront Stn) → Clementi Int
- Upper Thomson Road (Bef Ang Mo Kio Ave 1) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0608hrs, 0621hrs, 0634hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 166′s fleet comprises a majority of Volvo B9TL buses, with smaller numbers of Volvo Olympian, Volvo B10M MkIV, Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1976 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1976 (22 Nov): Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio (Ave 3) and New Bridge Road
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ang Mo Kio Ctrl 2
- 1983 (??): Amended to Labrador Ter
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1989 (27 Aug): Extended to Clementi Int with the merger of Service 146 and 166
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to serve Bencoolen St & Bras Basah Rd with the closure of a section along Bencoolen St for the construction of the Downtown Line
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (11 Dec): Resume plying Bencoolen Street with the completion of Downtown Line works
- Refer to this article
- 1989: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1989.
External Links & References: