SBS Transit Bus Service 24 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Changi Airport, going via AMK Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Bedok and Upper Changi. It also duplicates the MRT between Paya Lebar and Tanah Merah.
Bus Service 24 will be amended to ply via Changi Airport Terminal 4 from 22 Oct 2017
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
- Service 24 will be serving Terminal 4 from 22 Oct 2017
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||AMK Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Bedok, Upper Changi|
|Travelling Time||175 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0530 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Terminal 2
||0617 – 0013 (Weekdays)
0628 – 0011 (Saturdays)
0627 – 0012 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 07 – 11 mins
0831 – 1659: 08 – 11 mins
1700 – 1900: 07 – 14 mins
After 1900: 12 – 15 mins
Service 24 is a lengthy loop trunk route between Ang Mo Kio and Changi Airport, serving Serangoon, Upper Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Eunos, Bedok and Upper Changi. Introduced as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan, it replaces previously existing bus routes and remains today as a unique connection along much of its route. This service duplicates the East-West Line between Paya Lebar and Tanah Merah, and closely follows Service 22 between Ang Mo Kio and MacPherson.
Due to the loop-route nature of Service 24, as well as irregular demand across the day, this route is very prone to bunching-up. Frequencies during peak hour can exceed 20mins. Sectors of high demand are between Bedok and Upper Changi where the route connects to private housing and new developments along Upper Changi Road East.
The former shortworking trip 24A operates daily from Ang Mo Kio Int to Tanah Merah MRT Station, where the bus would do a u-turn and operate as service 24 back to Ang Mo Kio Int. Departures from Ang Mo Kio Int alternated between the main service 24 and the shortworking service 24A then.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters each Airport PTB. Bus Captains may take a short toilet break at Terminal 2. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to to T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
Service 24 serves Terminal 4 along with Services 34, 36 & 110 from 22 Oct 2017.
- Upp Paya Lebar Road (Blk 161) → Changi Airport → Ang Mo Kio
Daily: 0530hrs, 0537hrs
- Upper Changi Road East (Mera Terr P/G) → Ang Mo Kio
Weekdays: 0603hrs, 0615hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- Ang Mo Kio
- Tai Seng
- Paya Lebar
- Tanah Merah
- Upper Changi
- Changi Airport
Fleet: See Above.
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1983 (25 Jun): Introduced as Service 24 to replace services 392 (Bedok Int – Changi Airport), 394 (Somapah Int – Changi Airport) and 727 (Ang Mo Kio – Changi Airport), all withdrawn due to low demand and overlapping routes.
Route plying Ang Mo Kio Int – Changi Airport PTB1
- 1990: Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB2
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB3
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Jan): Converted to loop service
- 2017 (22 Oct): Extended to serve Changi Airport PTB4
- Refer to this article
- 1983: No significant route changes since 1983.