SMRT Feeder Service 806 is a Feeder service operating from Yishun Interchange and looping at Yishun Ring Road, passing through Yishun Avenue 11, Avenue 6 and Yishun Street 31.
SMRT Feeder Bus Service 806 is wheelchair-accessible and received double-decker buses from 16 July 2017, replacing retiring bendy buses. As part of the Seletar Bus Package, the service will be transferred to SBS Transit later in 2018.
|Bus Service 806: Yishun ↺ Yishun Ring Rd (Loop)
||Looping at Yishun Ring Rd
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Ring Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 11, 6, St 31|
|Route Length||5.1 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-deck bus
– MAN A95
18-metre Articulated bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
– MAN NG363F (A24)
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0520 – 0055 (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0530 – 0055 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 03 – 04 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 05 mins
1700-1900: 03 – 04 mins
After 1900: 03 – 11 mins
Feeder Service 806 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 11, Yishun Ave 6 and Yishun Ring Rd, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhoods 3 and 4. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand for residents.
The route serves schools such as North View Primary, North View Secondary and Huamin Primary. Other public amenities served include Yishun Pond Park, Yishun North Neighbourhood Police Centre (NPC), Yishun Park and Evangel Family Church.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS13 Yishun
- 1994 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 1st Half 2018 onwards – SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1994: Introduced as Service 804A, peak hour feeder service plying Yishun interchange – Yishun Ring Rd (Loop). Operates between 0600hrs-0900hrs from Monday to Saturday AM Peak, 1700hrs-2000hrs from Monday to Friday PM Peak, and 1300hrs-1430hrs on Saturday.
- 1998 (Dec): Re-numbered to Service 806.
- ???: Express sector along Yishun Ctrl and Yishun Ave 11 abolished.
- 2001: Extension of operation hours to 0600hrs-2200hrs from Monday to Saturday
- 2006: Amended to loop at Yishun St 31, via Yishun Ave 6, and omitting Yishun Ave 9
- 2007: (29 Jul): Converted to a daily service, operating hours extended from 2200 to 0050 on all days.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (24 May): Calls at new bus stop 59649 – Yishun St 31, Opp Blk 333C
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 1994 (804A): Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl 1, Yishun Ctrl (express), Yishun Ave 11 (express), Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ctrl (express), Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
- 2001: Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl 1, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 11, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ctrl (express), Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
- 2006: Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 11, Yishun Ave 6, Yishun St 31, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 11, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
External Links & References: