SBS Transit Bus Service 851 is a trunk route between Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange and Bukit Merah Bus Interchange, passing through Lentor, Ang Mo Kio, Thomson, Rochor Canal, City Hall, Chinatown and Tiong Bahru.
Route Variant Limited-Stop Express Bus Service 851e was launched on 27 May 2018.
RouteDetails (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 851: Yishun ↔ Bukit Merah|
From Bukit Merah
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Merah Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Thomson Rd, New Bridge Rd, Eu Tong Sen St, Tiong Bahru Rd|
|Route Length||24.0 km (D1) | 23.1 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||86 – 102 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0530hrs – 2340hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bukit Merah
||0540hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 11 mins
After 1900: 10 – 12 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 09 mins
After 1900: 08 – 12 mins
Service 851 is a trunk route serving between the housing estates of Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Thomson, Bukit Merah and Tiong Bahru with connections to the City areas, namely Chinatown, Bras Basah and Rochor Canal. The route is frequented as a popular connection between various housing estates, as well as between housing estates and the City. As such, it benefits from high demand throughout the day, with high capacity buses deployed on a daily basis.
The route shares its popular Tiong Bahru – Bras Basah connection with Service 33, and also shares long duplicating sectors with Service 852 and 853/# between Yishun–Marymount and Yishun–Ang Mo Kio respectively.
MRT Stations Served
- NS13 Yishun
- NS14 Khatib
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- CC16 Marymount
- CC17 Caldecott
- NS20 Novena
- NE7DT12 Little India
- DT13 Rochor
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- EW17 Tiong Bahru
- Limited-Stop Express 851e
[Dir 1]: Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange → New Bridge Rd (Opp Pearl’s Ctr)
[Dir 2]: Eu Tong Sen St (Pearl’s Ctr) → Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange
- Marymount Rd (Blk 260) → Bukit Merah Int
Gallery (SBS Transit)
- 1985 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 24 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 25 Mar 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1985 (17 Feb): Introduced by TIBS between Yishun Central and Bukit Merah.
- 1987 (23 Aug): Amended to Yishun Int
- 2009 (01 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (18 Sep): Start of Double-Decker bus deployments.
- 2018 (25 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package
- 2018 (27 May): Route variant Express 851e launched
- Refer to this article
- 1985: No significant route changes since 1985.
More pictures (SMRT Buses) on Page 2