SMRT Bus Service 854 is a trunk route linking Yishun Interchange and Bedok Interchange, passing through Lentor, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Avenue 3 and Eunos. It also operates an express variant, Express 854E.
|Route||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lentor, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 3, Eunos|
|Route Length||22.5km (D1) | 22.4km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
18-metre Articulated bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
|Departure Times from T1||0535 – 2340 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0535 – 2340 (Weekdays)
0540 – 2340 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 11 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 15 mins
Service 854 is an inter-town route linking Yishun, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang, Eunos and Bedok. The route is frequented as a popular connection between various housing estates, as well as serving Ang Mo Kio Industrial Estate & Industrial Park 3 along Yio Chu Kang Road and more industries around Ubi and Eunos. The route encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day, with especially high demand during the peak hours due to increased inter-town commute and workers from the industrial estate. High capacity buses are deployed on a daily basis.
The route shares a large proportion of its route with Service 25, its main competitor for the high demand sectors between Hougang Ave 2 and Bedok. It is also the only SMRT service to call at Bedok Interchange. Additionally, Service 854 also compliments Service 857 between Yishun and Yio Chu Kang Road.
Introduced in 1988 by Trans-Island, the route has not undergone any amendments since.
- Yio Chu Kang Road (Opp Motorola) → Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs – 0550hrs
- SMRT Express Service 854E: Yishun Temp Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 854′s fleet comprises Mercedes-Benz O405G, Mercedes-Benz OC500LE and MAN A22 buses. Double-deck Alexander Dennis Enviro500 buses were introduced since 16 Aug 2015.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1987 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1987 (18 Jan): Introduced between Yishun Ctrl and Bedok Int. Amended to Yishun Int on 23 Aug that same year.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (16 Aug): Start of double-decker bus deployments
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1987: No significant route changes since 1987.