SMRT NightRider NR8 is an overnight bus route running from Marina Centre Terminal to Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, passing through City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Tanglin, Holland, Clementi and Bukit Batok Central.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of seven NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
Route Details (Click to expand)
NightRider NR8: Marina Centre → Bukit Batok West Ave 5
- No Boarding at Marina Centre Terminal
||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Bukit Batok West Ave 5 (Blk 531)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Tanglin, Holland, Clementi, Bukit Batok Central|
|Route Length||24.7 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-Meter Single Decker Buses /
18-Meter Articulated Buses (Eves of Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays
2335hrs – 0200hrs (the following day)
NightRider NR8 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Holland, Clementi, Bukit Batok and Bukit Gombak (Bukit Batok West). Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
The route follows major trunk roads for the most of its route. During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, more departures and downroute buses will be added to cater for late-night dwellers.
- From Marina Centre Terminal: 2335hrs, 0004hrs, 0033hrs, 0102hrs, 0131hrs, 0200hrs
Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Ez-link card)
NightRider commuters who pay by ez-link card will enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider service within a stipulated time of 45mins. This is not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service. Concessionary travel is not applicable.
Fleet: See above.
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a bidirectional night service between Bukit Batok Int and Bedok Int
- 2003 (01 Jul): Route shortened to start from Marina Centre and loop at Bukit Batok. Deleted portion was replaced by NR7’s route amendment
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Bukit Batok due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:35pm to 2:00am, and City-bound return services ceased to operate.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: