SMRT Express Bus Service 167e is a Limited Stop Express route variant of Service 167, plying between Sembawang and Shenton Way at selected hours on Weekdays, except Public Holidays. It passes through Sembawang Road, Newton, Orchard, Bras Basah and Raffles Place, skipping parts of Upper Thomson, Thomson Rd and Connaught Dr. The bus service only calls at selected bus stops along its parent route.
From 14 December 2020, Service 167e will be discontinued. Commuters can take Service 167 as an alternative, or travel by MRT on the North-South Line. The last day of service will be on Friday, 11 December 2020.
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
|Route||[Direction 1]: Sembawang Bus Interchange → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[Direction 2]: Anson Road (Tanjong Pagar Stn Exit C) → Sembawang Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Sembawang Rd, Newton, Orchard, Bras Basah, Raffles Place|
|Route Length||Towards Shenton Way: 30.5 km||Towards Sembawang: 30.2 km|
|Traveling Time||50 – 80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Sembawang||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|06:00 – 18:30|
|Departure Times from Anson Road||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|12:30 – 23:30|
|Weekdays||30 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
|From Anson Road
|Weekdays||30 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares|
Express Bus Service 167e is a Limited-stop Express Bus Service which offers quicker journeys for commuters at Sembawang MRT, Canberra Road and Sembawang Road, linking them with the Central areas of Newton, Orchard, Bras Basah, Raffles Place and Shenton Way. Operating at selected hours on weekdays, except public holidays, it only calls at selected bus stops served by its parent Bus Service 167, and charges Express Fares as a result. Buses layover at Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
In between Sembawang Road and Newton, the bus plies an express sector along the Seletar Expressway (SLE), Central Expressway (CTE) and Moulmein Road in both directions. The route operates at 20-minute intervals during peak hours and at 30-minute intervals off peak.
When introduced on 25 November 2018, Express 167e was the ninth new route to be introduced under the Bus Contracting Model (BCM) after Express 960e, as well as the fifth limited-stop service to operate daily (after 12e, 147e, 851e and 960e).
Service Reduction & Withdrawal
Along with several other express services, operating hours for Express 167e was revised from 9 February 2020, only operating on Weekdays, except Public Holidays. In addition, trips from Sembawang Bus Interchange would operate till 6:30 pm, while trips from Anson Road only start operations at 12:30 pm.
After over 2 years of operations, Express 167e was withdrawn on 14 December 2020, due to low demand.
Route PreviewRoute Preview (Click to expand)
The bus route was first revealed in LTA’s “Hacks to Travel Smart” poster at Sembawang MRT Station in July 2018, which stated “Trunk Bus 167e” as an alternative for a more comfortable commute to the city.
MRT Stations Served
- NS11 Sembawang
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- DT18 Telok Ayer
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- 25 Nov 2018 – 13 Dec 2020: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2018 (25 Nov): Introduced between Sembawang and Shenton Way. Wheelchair accessible at launch.
- 2020 (09 Feb): Reduction of operating hours; service operates only on Weekdays, except Public Holidays. Trips from Sembawang operate till 1830hrs, while trips from Anson Road start at 1230hrs.
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (14 Dec): Withdrawn
- Direction 1: Sembawang Int, Sembawang Vista, Canberra Rd, Canberra Link, Sembawang Rd, Upp Thomson Rd, SLE, CTE, Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd, Scotts Rd, Orchard Rd, Bras Basah Rd, Nicoll Highway, Fullerton Rd, Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay and Shenton Way.
- Direction 2: Anson Rd, Cecil St, Collyer Quay, Fullerton Rd, Esplanade Dr, Stamford Rd, Orchard Rd, Penang Rd, Somerset Rd, Grange Rd, Orchard Turn, Orchard Blvd, Paterson Rd, Scotts Rd, Newton Rd, Moulmein Rd, CTE, SLE, Upp Thomson Rd, Sembawang Rd, Canberra Link, Canberra Rd, Sembawang Vista and Sembawang Int.