SBS Transit Bus Service 63 is a trunk route running from Eunos Interchange and looping at Jalan Rumah Tinggi, passing through Ubi Avenue 1, MacPherson Estate, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and Lengkok Bahru. Although designated as a loop service, it operates identical to a bidirectional trunk service, including a short layover at Rumah Tinggi Ter. A shorter variant, Service 63M, also operates.
||Eunos Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Rumah Tinggi (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ubi Avenue 1, MacPherson Estate, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru, Lengkok Bahru|
|Route Length||38.8 km|
|Traveling Time||140 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Eunos
0530hrs – 2248hrs (Weekdays)
0530hrs – 2243hrs (Saturdays)
0530hrs – 2245hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
Terminting at Jln Rumah Tinggi
2300hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays)
2256hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays)
2258hrs – 0000hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Jln Rumah Tinggi
||0600hrs – 0007hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 14 mins
After 1900: 09 – 14 mins
Service 63 is a trunk route connecting the residential estates of Kampong Ubi, MacPherson, Tiong Bahru and Bukit Timah to the central areas of Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. It is an important route between the Ubi Industrial Estate and Eunos MRT for many workers, and it also connects Rumah Tinggi and its surrounding Redhill estates with connections to Tiong Bahru MRT station.
With few services serving the Rumah Tinggi estate, this service links the estate to Tiong Bahru MRT. Also, demand between Ubi Industrial Estate and Eunos MRT is high during peak hours, and Service 63M helps to relieve some of that loading.
Double-decker buses are not deployed due to possible route limitations at Ubi and Rumah Tinggi.
Although Service 63 is listed as a loop route, it unofficially terminates at Rumah Tinggi Terminal. Formally a proper terminal, it has been downgraded to a looping point with parking spaces for two buses. Bus drivers do not end their trip there; they take a short break before continuing off. Passengers are told to alight and re-board the bus after the driver’s break. The bus stop is now renamed as Bus Stop 10599 – Opp Blk 36.
MRT Stations Served
- EW7 Eunos
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- DT25 Mattar
- EW9 Aljunied
- EW10 Kallang
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- EW17 Tiong Bahru
- Jln Rumah Tinggi (Opp Blk 36) → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0608hrs, 0616hrs, 0625hrs & 0634hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0614hrs & 0628hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs & 0621hrs
- Aljunied Rd (Opp Aljunied Stn) → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0630hrs & 0637hrs
- Ubi Rd 1 (Opp Meiban Ind Bldg) → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0540hrs, 0549hrs, 0559hrs, 0608hrs, 0618hrs, 0628hrs & 0637hrs
Saturdays: 0540hrs, 0550hrs, 0559hrs, 0609hrs, 0619hrs, 0629hrs & 0639hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0540hrs, 0553hrs, 0606hrs, 0619hrs & 0632hrs
- Service 63M: Eunos Int ↺ Circuit Road
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 1992: Introduced as Bt Merah – MacPherson Estate (Loop)
- 1993: Amended to (and start from) Rumah Tinggi Ter
- 2002: Integrated with Service 382 and extended to Eunos Int via Ubi Ave 1. Also, amended to start from Eunos Int instead of Rumah Tinggi Ter.
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (26 Jun): Serves Lor Bengkok instead of Circuit Link due to temporary closure of Circuit Link for the Downtown Line (MacPherson MRT) construction
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (16 Oct): Reinstated to ply Circuit Link instead of Lor Bengkok.
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2002.