SBS Transit Bus Service 860 is a trunk route from Yishun Temporary Interchange and looping at Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange, passing through Yishun Avenue 9, Yishun Ring Road, Upper Thomson Road and Ang Mo Kio Ave 5. It was the very first service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme, or BSEP, linking the eastern sections of Yishun Ring Road with Khatib and Yishun MRT stations, before being extended to loop at Yio Chu Kang in October 2017.
Bus Service 860 serves the new Yishun Integrated Transport Hub from 8 September 2019.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ring Rd, Sembawang Rd, Upp Thomson Rd, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5|
|Route Length||28.6 km|
|Travelling Time||115 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0530hrs – 2242hrs (Daily) | Full Trip
2254hrs – 2330hrs (Daily) | Ends at Yio Chu Kang Int
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang||0530hrs – 2335hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 12 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 11 – 12 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900hrs: 10 – 12 mins
Service 860 is a residential trunk route serving within the housing estates of Yishun, connecting housing blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Ave 3 with connections to key transport nodes at Khatib MRT, and Yishun Bus Interchange & MRT. The route serves schools such as Yishun Town Secondary, North View Secondary and Naval Base Secondary, and community amenities such as Nee Soon East Community Centre and Yishun Swimming Complex.
On Sunday, 15 October 2017, Service 860 was extended to Yio Chu Kang via Springleaf and Tagore Industrial Estate, to improve local and inter-town connectivity between Ang Mo Kio and Yishun. The extended Service 860 operated daily (including public holidays) from 5.30am to 11.30pm from Yishun Bus Interchange, and from 5.30am to 11.35pm from Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange. Short-Trip Bus Service 860A was also withdrawn. Commuters from Yishun Ave 9 & Yishun Ring Rd heading to and from Khatib MRT Station should take Bus Service 807 instead.
Introduced on 21 Oct 2012, the route is the very first service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme or BSEP. The route compliments Service 804, which frequently occurs overcrowding and does not provide links to Khatib MRT. Service 860 also enhances connectivity for residents of Yishun Ring Road.
The service benefited from a capacity upgrade in late April 2015, when SMRT arranged for a Mercedes-Benz O405G articulated bus to perform several round trips during the Weekday morning peak, going against LTA’s regulations of deploying non-BSEP buses on BSEP bus services. However, Member of Parliament Dr Lee Bee Wah saw this arrangement as a permanent fixture and commended LTA for the “fleet improvement” for Service 860. Since the bus depot handling Service 860 (Ang Mo Kio Depot) could not accommodate double-decker buses back then, negotiations between LTA and SMRT Buses allowed for a permanent articulated bus crossover from Service 854 during the morning peak hours. This is the first known exception to the BSEP bus deployment regulation set by LTA.
The service received yet another fleet enhancement with a MAN A24 articulated bus being deployed on a daily basis on Service 860 from 15 November 2015. Member of Parliament for Nee Soon GRC Mr Louis Ng joined Minister Ong Ye Kung along with SMRT Staff for “Launch of the bendy bus for Service 860”. However, this was not the debut of regular bendy bus arrangements (see above), but rather, a dedicated high-capacity articulated bus for Service 860.
On 12 January 2017, Double-Decker buses made their debut on Bus Service 860 as well as Shortworking Trip 860A, catering to exceptionally high demand along Yishun Ring Road.
- Yio Chu Kang Int → Yishun Temp Int
Daily: 0530hrs, 0542hrs, 0554hrs, 0606hrs, 0618hrs
- Yishun Temp Int → Yio Chu Kang Int
Daily: 2254hrs, 2306hrs, 2318hrs, 2330hrs
MRT Stations Served
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
Gallery: (SBS Transit)
- 21 Oct 2012 – 17 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 18 Mar 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 2012 (21 Oct): introduced from Yishun to Yishun Ring Rd (Loop), via Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ctrl & Yishun Ave 2. This bus service is under Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2012 (15 Nov): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (25 May): Shortworking trip 860A introduced during weekday morning peak hours.
- 2015 (06 Sep): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2016 (16 Oct): Serves a new bus stop outside Blk 504C along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2017 (12 Jan): Start of double-decker bus deployments
- 2017 (27 Aug): First bus on Sundays & Public Holidays brought forward from 0545hrs to 0530hrs
- 2017 (15 Oct): Extended to Yio Chu Kang Int. Skips Khatib MRT Station. Short Trip Service 860A withdrawn.
- 2018 (18 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.
More pictures on Page 2