SBS Transit Bus Service 105 is a trunk service plying between Serangoon Int and Jurong East Int, passing through Lorong Chuan, Toa Payoh, Stevens, Orchard, Tanglin, Commonwealth, Buona Vista, Dover, Clementi and Toh Guan.
|Route||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↔ Jurong East Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Serangoon Ave 3, Lorong Chuan, Toa Payoh, Napier Rd, Queensway, C’wealth Ave West, Toh Guan Rd|
|Route Length||26.6km (D1) | 26.0km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 0000 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 0000 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays, Sundays/PHs)
0545 – 0000 (Saturdays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 16 mins
After 1930: 11 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 14 mins
Service 105 is a trunk route connecting residential towns of Serangoon & Toa Payoh to the North and Toh Guan, Clementi, Buona Vista & Commonwealth to the to West, with bus connections to the Central areas of Tanglin, Orchard and Stevens.
Demand is fairly strong all day round with the many connections provided by this route, especially between the Central areas and outlying estates.
- Serangoon Avenue 3 (Nanyang JC) → Serangoon Int
- Lorong 2 Toa Payoh (Opp Toa Payoh Stn) → Serangoon Int
- Toh Guan Road (IMM Bldg) → Jurong East Int
- Service 105B: Jurong East Int → Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi MRT Stn)
Weekdays AM Peak only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 105′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs, with some Volvo B10M MkIVs and Volvo B10BLE CNGs. It has the highest number of B10BLEs deployed of any service.
Fleet Restrictions: No double-decker buses due to low headroom at Braddell Flyover.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1988 (13 Mar): Introduced by SBS between Serangoon Int and Clementi Int
- 1992: Extended to Jurong East Interchange, and later amended to Serangoon Ave 2 & 3 and Lor Chuan
- 1993: Amended to ply Queensway and C’wealth Ave instead of Ulu Pandan Rd and Clementi Rd.
- 2009 (05 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Way with the closure of Jurong East St 12
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to ply along Serangoon Ave 2 (Opp Blk 334), instead of Serangoon Ave 2 (Blk 238 & 319) & Boundary Rd with the opening of the new Serangoon Bus Interchange.
- 2012 (24 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: