SBS Transit Bus Service 14 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Clementi, passing through Bedok North, East Coast, Mountbatten, Orchard, Jalan Bukit Merah and Dover. Along with Service 7 and 196, it is one of three services plying between Bedok and Clementi, but uses the longest route.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Clementi Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bedok North, East Coast, Mountbatten, Orchard, Bukit Merah, AYE, Dover|
|Route Length||33.3km (D1) | 32.9km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Weekdays, Sat)
0545 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 15 mins
After 1930: 11 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 14 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Spanning East and West, Service 14 is a long trunk route serving important connections along many portions of its route. From Bedok, the route first heads eastbound towards Tanah Merah, then turning into Bedok Road, serving East Coast, Mountbatten and Nicoll Highway before reaching the Orchard Road district. It then continues westbound through River Valley, Jalan Bukit Merah, Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and Dover Road before reaching Clementi. At over 30km without express sectors, the route takes at least two hours of travelling in either direction.
On the Eastern side, Service 14 connects residents of Bedok North with Tanah Merah MRT station, and plies the whole stretch of Upper East Coast and East Coast, connecting residents to the Orchard Road shopping district. On the Western side, Service 14 offers a quick connection between Jalan Bukit Merah and Dover/Clementi, plying along the AYE. It also connects residents to the Orchard Road district via River Valley and Paterson.
Demand for Service 14 is generally high throughout the day, owing to a steady flow of inter-town commuters and its highly popular sectors between Orchard Road and Bukit Merah or East Coast, due to under-coverage of existing bus routes. Double-deck buses make up the bulk of the fleet. During Sundays and Public Holidays, Service 14A operates from Bedok to Grange Road to relieve heavy demand on Service 14.
On regular weekdays, its route variant Fast-Forward 14e provides faster travel between Bedok North Ave 3 and Orchard Road, operating City-bound trips during the morning peak hours and Bedok-bound trips during the evening peak hours.
Service 14 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 14 Jul 2008. It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards. In 2014, the Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) was implemented on this route for a two-year trial.
- Nicoll Highway (Suntec City) → Clementi Interchange
- Dover Road (Opp United World College) → Bedok Interchange
- East Coast Road (Christ Meth Ch) → Bedok Interchange
Weekdays: 0605hrs, 0615hrs, 0625hrs, 0635hrs, 0640hrs, 0645hrs
Saturdays: 0605hrs, 0620hrs, 0635hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0615hrs, 0630hrs
- Service 14A: Bedok Interchange → Grange Road (National Youth Council)
Operates on Sundays & Public Holidays only
- Fast-Forward 14e: Bedok North Avenue 3 ⇄ Orchard Road
Weekdays morning and evening peak
Service 14e operates during the peak hours, offering faster connections between Orchard and East Coast by skipping stops along Mountbatten Road. Although there is a second express sector along Bedok South Avenue 3, this sector is less heavily utilized; bulk of the demand is between Orchard and East Coast. It continues to operate with three single-deck buses which are usually fully seated and never more than half-filled with standing passengers.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 14 operates on a highly diverse fleet. A majority of Volvo B9TL (CDGE) buses can be found, with a mixture of other buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1974: Introduced between Upp Changi Rd and Mei Chin Rd. Terminus relocated twice to Upp Changi Rd 13.3km and 15.5km
- 1979: Extended to Jln Bt Merah via Napier Rd, Holland Rd, Queensway, Jln Bt Merah, Henderson Rd & Bt Merah Ctrl, skipping Mei Chin Rd
- 1980: Amended to Somapah Ter and Bt Merah Int
- 1988: Extended to Changi Village Ter with the closure of Somapah Terminal.
- 1992 (29 Mar): Amended to ply Bt Merah Central in both directions
- 1992: Shortened to Bedok Interchange instead of Changi Village Terminal. (amended to serve Bt Merah Ctrl?)
- 1993: Integration with svc 92. National Stadium sector removed, route between Orchard and Clementi replacing Service 92’s lost sectors. Service 14’s lost sectors replaced by Service 123.
- 2004 (20 Apr) to 2004 (06 Dec): Diverted via Kallang Road due to Nicoll Highway Collapse
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to the new Clementi Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- Refer to this article
- 1993: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.