SBS Transit Service 70 is a trunk service plying between Yio Chu Kang Terminal and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway and Fullerton Road. Its route variant is Service 70M, which operates during weekday nights, Saturday evenings and Sundays/PHs, and loops at Suntec City.
Bus Service 70 will be amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 25 Jun 2017.
Route Details (Click to Expand)
|Bus Service 70: Yio Chu Kang ↔ Shenton Way
Towards Shenton Way
Towards Yio Chu Kang
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway, Fullerton Road|
|Route Length||22.4 km (D1) | 23.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||Weekdays & Sat: 0545 – 1800|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||Weekdays & Sat: 0600 – 1930|
|0630-0830: 05 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: NA
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 09 mins
After 1900: 11 mins
Service 70 is an connects the residential areas of Yio Chu Kang, Serangoon and Guillemard to Shenton Way. This route operates either as Service 70 or 70M depending on times of day. Service 70, which serves the Central Business District around Shenton Way and Fullerton, operates on Weekdays and Saturdays from mornings to evenings. On Weekday nights, Saturday nights, and on Sundays/PHs, Service 70M will operate, looping at Suntec City and serving the Marina Centre area while skipping Fullerton and Shenton Way.
Much of the demand on this route is encountered between between Yio Chu Kang and Serangoon MRT, and Shortworking Trip 70B assists with peak passenger demand. The route also connects to Ubi Industrial Estate and Guillemard Road, providing bus connections to Paya Lebar MRT.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NE12CC13 Serangoon
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC5 Nicoll Highway
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- CC11 Tai Seng
- Service 70M: Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)
Operates on Evenings on Weekdays and Saturdays; Full day on Sundays / Public Holidays
- Yio Chu Kang Rd (Opp ST Electronics) → Shenton Way Ter
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0541hrs
- Guillemard Rd (Aft Lor 14 Geylang) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0602hrs
- Serangoon Ctrl (Serangoon Stn Exit B) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0618hrs, 0636hrs, 0652hrs, 0706hrs, 1656hrs, 1724hrs, 1756hrs, 1825hrs, 1852hrs, 1909hrs, 1932hrs, 1940hrs
- Service 70A: Yio Chu Kang Int → Temasek Ave (Opp The Ritz Carlton)
2315 – 2345 Daily, 15 min frequency
- Service 70B: Yio Chu Kang Road (Opp Serenity Pk) → Serangoon Central (Serangoon Stn)
0650 – 1000 (Weekdays)
Fleet: See above table
- Pre-1970s – 1971: Paya Lebar Bus Co. Ltd
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Original route from Jalan Kayu (R.A.F. Seletar) to Geylang operated by Associated Bus Services, renumbered from Service 1 operated by Paya Lebar Bus Service.
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services
- 1977: Extended Shenton Way from Geylang
- 1978: Skipped Piccadilly and Seletar West Camp following introduction of 214E / 214W, and hence amended to Jln Kayu Ter
- 1992: Extended to Yio Chu Kang following amendment of Service 73.
- ????: Variant Service 70# introduced as a Weekday night, Saturday, Sunday/PH service, plying between Yio Chu Kang and Geylang Lor 1 Terminal.
- 1999-2001: Amended to Esplanade Dr (Esplanade Bridge), skipping Empress Place
- 2000 (16 Oct): Service 70# extended to loop at Suntec City, later called Service 70X.
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Serangoon Central and Upp Serangoon Rd during Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 70# was renamed to Service 70M
- 2009 (23 Aug): No longer plies Eunos Rd 8 after Paya Lebar Rd was reinstated
- 2012 (27 Aug): Introduction of shortowrking trip 70B during AM Peak hours
- 2012 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (22 Sep): Calls at new bus stop along Upp Paya Lebar Rd (Wisma AUPE Bldg)
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: