SMRT Bus Service 950 is a cross-border service plying between Woodlands Temporary Interchange and looping at JB Sentral Terminal in Johor Bahru, passing through Marsiling, Woodlands Centre, Woodlands CIQ and Sultan Iskandar CIQ. It is currently the only cross-border service operated by SMRT Buses.
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ JB Sentral Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Marsiling, Woodlands Ctr, Woodlands CIQ, Sultan Iskandar CIQ|
|Travelling Time||40mins+ in either direction (Subject to traffic conditions)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– SPAD-registered MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands Int
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from JB Sentral
||0610hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)
Additional downroutes from Johor Bahru Checkpoint from 0515hrs (Weekdays & Sat) and 0550hrs (Sundays & PHs) onwards
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 12 mins
After 1930: 08 – 14 mins
Service 950 is a cross-border route connecting Woodlands Regional Centre, Marsiling MRT and Woodlands Town Centre with the border town of Johor Bahru in Malaysia. The route experiences high demand throughout the day and is SMRT’s only cross-border service.
Due to varying traffic conditions at the Causeway, travel times and frequencies may increase significantly when traffic congestion occur. At each checkpoint on the Malaysia/Singapore side, passengers are required to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. Passengers need not re-board the same bus, but any bus of the same service.
Despite being a wheelchair-accessible service, wheelchairs are not allowed beyond Woodlands Checkpoint. Hence, wheelchair-bound passengers are currently unable to use this service to cross the border.
- Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru Checkpoint) → Woodlands Temp Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0515hrs onwards
Sundays & PHs: 0550hrs onwards
Fare: Only Singapore currency is accepted. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 950′s fleet comprises a full fleet of JB-registered MAN A22 buses.
Route limitations: Only SPAD-registered single-deck buses are allowed on cross border routes. Currently, only some MAN NL323Fs are SPAD-registered. In accordance with Malaysian regulations, buses must carry relevant documents, fitted with a third brake light at the rear, and attached with Malaysian stickers dictating legal speed limit. Previously, some Mercedes-Benz O405s and OC500LEs were SPAD-registered as well.
|Loop Service (via JB Sentral)|
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2004 (19 Sep): Introduced as a cross-border service plying between Woodlands Regional Interchange in Singapore and Kotaraya II Terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- 2008 (16 Dec): Calls at JB Sentral along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak as an alighting-only stop
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (01 Nov): Amended to loop at JB Sentral along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak due to the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping bus stop along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak.
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: