SBS Transit Express Service 850E is a peak-hour Express service between Yishun Street 41 and Shenton Way, passing through Yishun Avenue 11, SLE/CTE, Dhoby Ghaut and Bras Basah. The route operates City-bound trips in the mornings and Yishun-bound trips in the evenings, and is the sixth bus service introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Yishun Street 41 (Blk 432C) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Hub Synergy Pt) → Yishun Ring Road (Blk 456)
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 11, Yishun Ring Rd, Bras Basah Rd / Stamford Rd, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Shenton Way: 25.3 km||Towards Yishun Ring Rd: 25.9 km|
|Travelling Time||61 – 75 mins (Morning Peak)||79 – 83 mins (Evening Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Yishun St 41
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:10 – 07:50|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:15 – 18:30|
|From Yishun St 41
||5 – 8 mins|
|From Anson Rd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express Service 850E provides residents of Yishun with greater connectivity to Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way. By running parallel to the existing North South Line (NSL), the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and existing feeder buses to and from work in the Central areas. The route incorporates a long express sector between Yishun Ring Road (near Khatib MRT) and Dhoby Ghaut via Lentor Avenue, Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Central Expressway (CTE), significantly improving journey time for commuters.
This route is the sixth bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) and commenced operations on 18 February 2013, providing more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Recent Route Amendments:Details (Click to expand)
2015 Route Amendment
With the launch of City Direct Service 663 on 28 September 2015, the catchment area for Service 850E within Yishun was reduced to avoid duplication. It was shortened to start from Yishun St 41, plying Yishun Ave 1 and Yishun Ave 11 before continuing on its original route on Yishun Ring Rd to CBD. The skipped bus stops along Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 6 & Yishun Street 31 were replaced with City Direct 663, which plies the same routing as 850E in the City.
Return trips were also amended to call at the same stops as forward trips along Yishun Street 41, Yishun Ave 1, Yishun Ave 11 and 2 stops along Yishun Ring Rd.
2017 Change in Trip Schedule
From 31 July 2017, morning trip departure timings were adjusted with all trips brought forward. This was done to compensate for longer travel time to Shenton Way.
Morning departure timings from Blk 432C, Yishun Street 41 are adjusted to between 0710hrs – 0745hrs, instead of the former 0720hrs – 0750hrs. The scheduled full trip run-time for Service 850E for AM Peak was also decreased from 76 mins to 69 – 71 mins. During PM Peak hours, the scheduled run-time wasalso adjusted to 69 – 74 mins as compared to the previous schedule of 68 mins.
2018 Change in Trip Schedule
With the takeover of Service 850E by SBS Transit under the Seletar Bus Package from 25 Mar 2018, trip timings were revised again, with an additional 2 trips in the morning. This brings the total AM Trips provided to 8. Scheduled run-time was also adjusted to 61 – 75 mins for AM Peak and 79 – 83 mins for PM Peak.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- Morning Peak from Yishun St 41 (Blk 432C):
07:10, 07:18, 07:25, 07:30, 07:35, 07:40, 07:45 & 07:50
- Evening Peak from Anson Rd (Hub Synergy Pt):
18:15 & 18:30
Gallery (SBS Transit):
Gallery (SMRT Buses):
- 18 Feb 2013 – 23 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 26 Mar 2018 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 2013 (18 Feb): Introduced between Yishun Ave 11 (Opp Blk 419) and Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg) during morning peak hours and between Anson Rd (Hub Synergy Pt) and Yishun Ave 11 (Blk 419) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (24 May): Serves a new bus stop opposite Blk 333C along Yishun St 31; Serves additional bus stop between Blks 333C and 333D along Yishun St 31
- 2015 (06 Sep): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 672C along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2015 (28 Sep): Amended to start from Yishun St 41 (Blk 432C) for morning peak trips, terminate at Yishun Ring Rd (Blk 456) for evening peak trips and amended to ply Yishun Ave 1 with the introduction of City Direct Service 663, skipping Yishun Ave 6 and Yishun St 31
- 2016 (16 Oct): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 504C along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (25 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package. Additional 2 Trips in the morning with operating hours extended to 0710hrs – 0750hrs
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|18 Feb 2013||07:30 & 07:45||18:15 & 18:30|
|June 2013||07:15, 07:30 & 07:45||18:15 & 18:30|
|15 Jul 2013||07:20, 07:30, 07:40 & 07:50||18:15 & 18:30|
|14 Oct 2013||07:20, 07:28, 07:35, 07:43 & 07:50||18:15 & 18:30|
|17 Mar 2014||07:20, 07:28, 07:35, 07:40, 07:45 & 07:50||18:15 & 18:30|
|31 Jul 2017||07:10, 07:18, 07:25, 07:32, 07:38 & 07:45||18:15 & 18:30|
|26 Mar 2018||07:10, 07:18, 07:25, 07:30, 07:35, 07:40, 07:45 & 07:50||18:15 & 18:30|