SMRT Bus Service 975 is a trunk route running from Bukit Panjang and looping at Lim Chu Kang Road End, passing through Teck Whye, Choa Chu Kang MRT, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road. The bus route serves as the sole bus connection to Lim Chu Kang, with the majority of ridership originating from foreign workers’ dormitories and military installations in the Old Choa Chu Kang and Lim Chu Kang area.
Service 975 Trips from Bukit Panjang Int terminating at Lim Chu Kang Rd (Police Coast Guard) will be indicated as Service 975C from 11 April 2021.
|Route||Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange ↺ Lim Chu Kang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Teck Whye Ave, Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, Old Choa Chu Kang Rd|
|Route Length||36.5 km|
|Traveling Time||100 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Minority of buses park at: Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
|12-metre Double-Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 23:35||06:00 – 23:35|
|Between 22:50 – 23:35, buses departing Bukit Panjang Int are renumbered as Service 975C which terminates at Lim Chu Kang Rd (Police Coast Guard).
|Departure Times from Lim Chu Kang Rd (Police Coast Guard)
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:30 – 23:32||05:30 – 23:39||05:45 – 23:34|
|Loop Service||7 mins||7 – 11 mins||6 – 9 mins||9 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 975 is both a residential and industrial route, serving housing estates around Teck Whye & Choa Chu Kang East, as well as many industries and military installations along Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road, with connections to transport nodes at Choa Chu Kang Town Centre and Bukit Panjang. The route compliments Service 190, between Bukit Panjang, Teck Whye Estate and Choa Chu Kang, as well as Service 172 between Choa Chu Kang and Old Choa Chu Kang Rd.
This bus service loops at the former Lim Chu Kang Bus Terminal, which was converted to an ordinary bus stop after the introduction of Service 975.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1993, it was then known as Service 175. The route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1999 and renumbered to Service 975 in 2005. It has been operated by SMRT Buses ever since.
Due to earlier height limitations along Lim Chu Kang Road, double-deck buses were not deployed along the full route before 10 March 2019. Single-deck rigid buses are deployed on Service 975 on a regular basis, with Double Decker buses from Service 972 perform special departures from Brickland Road (Opp Hai Inn See Tp) to Bukit Panjang during Weekday Morning Peak hours. Double Decker buses started plying the full Service 975 route from 10 March 2019, on Weekends & Public Holidays.
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- Lim Chu Kang Rd (Police Coast Guard) → Bt Panjang Int
Weekdays: Between 05:30 – 06:37
Saturdays: Between 05:30 – 06:31
Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:45 – 06:45
- Brickland Rd (Opp Hai Inn See Tp) → Bt Panjang Int
Weekdays Morning Peak
Short Trip Services:
- Service 975A: Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Stn) → Brickland Road (Aft Hai Inn See Tp)
Weekdays: 17:11 – 21:29
Saturdays: 17:00 – 19:48
Sundays / Public Holidays: 17:00 – 20:10
- Service 975B: Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Stn) → Lim Chu Kang Road (Opp Lim Chu Kang Lane 3)
Weekdays: 06:18 – 07:45 & 17:40 – 21:30
Saturdays: 19:12 – 20:05
Sundays / Public Holidays: 15:47 – 23:15
- Service 975C: Bt Panjang Int → Lim Chu Kang Rd (Police Coast Guard)
Weekdays: 22:55 – 23:35
Saturdays: 23:05 – 23:35
Sundays / Public Holidays: 22:55 – 23:35
- 2005 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang bus package.
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced between Lim Chu Kang Ter and Upp Bt Timah Rd (Loop) [Operated by SBS]
- 1994: Amended to ply Sungei Tengah Rd with the partial closure of Choa Chu Kang Rd
- 1997: Serves new bus stop outside Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall along Choa Chu Kang Ave 4
- 1998: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 464 along Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 1999 (26 Dec): Operations transferred to Trans Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2001: Serves new bus stop outside Sunshine Pl along Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 2005 (27 Feb): Amended to start from Bt Panjang Int, loop at Lim Chu Kang Rd and re-numbered Service 975, skipping Choa Chu Kang Int and Upp Bt Timah Rd
- 2005 (27 Feb): Re-numbered from Service 175 as a service between Bt Panjang Int and Lim Chu Kang Rd (Loop)
- 2010 (28 Nov): Amended to ply Lor Rusuk with the partial closure of Old Lim Chu Kang Rd
- 2011 (23 Oct): Skips a pair of abolished bus stops after LP 222 and B27 Old Choa Chu Kang Rd along Old Choa Chu Kang Rd
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to start from and terminate at Jelebu Rd with the opening of Bt Panjang Temp Bus Pk and the closure of Bt Panjang Int
- 2015 (27 Dec): Serves additional bus stop outside Bt Panjang Stn along Petir Rd as part of DTL2 Bukit Panjang Bus Service Enhancements
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (04 Sep): Amended to Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub