SBS Transit Bus Service 54 is a trunk route operating between Bishan and New Bridge Road, via Marymount, Thomson, Scotts Road, River Valley and Chinatown.
Bus Service 54 will be amended to Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal from 10 March 2018.
|Bus Service 54: Bishan ↔ New Bridge Rd
From New Bridge Rd
- No boarding at New Bridge Rd Ter.
||Bishan Bus Interchange ↔ New Bridge Road Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Bishan St 11, Bishan St 22, Marymount Rd, Thomson Rd, Scotts Rd, River Valley Rd|
|Route Length||16.8 km (D1) | 16.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bishan
||0545hrs – 2300hrs (Weekdays)
0600hrs – 2300hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from New Bridge Rd
||0615hrs – 2330hrs (Weekdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
0615hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 14 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 11 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 12 – 15 mins
After 1900hrs: 13 – 15 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 15 – 20 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 10 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 10 – 18 mins
After 1900hrs: 11 – 18 mins
Service 54 connects the housing estates of Bishan and Marymount with the Central areas of Novena, Scotts Road, River Valley and Chinatown. Like Service 56, it serves Bishan Street 13 in both directions. From the stretch of River Valley Road it serves, it is the only service which links to Orchard, Newton and Novena.
Service hours are extended on Saturdays to benefit late-night commuters returning home from Chinatown and Clarke Quay.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS17CC15 Bishan
- CC16 Marymount
- CC17 Caldecott
- NS20 Novena
- NS21DT11 Newton
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- Thomson Road (Novena Lodge) → Bishan Int
- Bishan Street 22 (Blk 245) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0630hrs, 0650hrs, 0709hrs, 0718hrs
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced between Bishan Int and New Bridge Road Ter, with the merger of Services 104 and 134
- 2006 (5 Nov): Amended to ply longer stretch of Bishan St 13 before continuing to Bishan St 11
- 2009 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (10 Mar): Amended to Kampong Bahru Ter
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: