SBS Transit Bus Service 54 is a trunk route operating between Bishan and New Bridge Road, via Marymount, Thomson, Scotts Road, River Valley and Chinatown.
|Route||Bishan Bus Interchange ↔ New Bridge Road Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Marymount, Thomson, Scotts Road, River Valley, Chinatown|
|Route Length||16.6km (D1, D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2300 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2300 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0615 – 2330 (Weekdays, Sundays/PHs)
0615 – 0000 (Saturdays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 15 – 16 mins
After 1930: 11 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 16 mins
After 1930: 11 – 19 mins
Service 54 connects the housing estates of Bishan and Marymount with the Central areas of Novena, Scotts Road, River Valley and Chinatown. Like Service 56, it serves Bishan Street 13 in both directions. From the stretch of River Valley Road it serves, it is the only service which links to Orchard, Newton and Novena.
Service hours are extended on Saturdays to benefit late-night commuters returning home from Chinatown and Clarke Quay.
Special Departures: (effective Jul 2014)
- Thomson Road (Novena Lodge) → Bishan Int
- Bishan Street 22 (Blk 245) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0630hrs, 0648hrs, 0706hrs, 0727hrs
These downroutes are placed in-between buses originating from New Bridge Road to cope with early morning demand to Bishan Int/MRT.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 54′s fleet consists of a majority of Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses. Peak hour supplements include Volvo B9TL and Volvo Olympian double-deck buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1993: Introduced between Bishan Int and New Bridge Road Ter, with the merger of Services 104 and 134
- 2006 (5 Nov): Amended to ply longer stretch of Bishan St 13 before continuing to Bishan St 11
- 2009 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: