SBS Transit Bus Service 7 is a trunk route connecting Bedok and Clementi through Guillemard, Bugis, Orchard and Holland Road. Along with Service 14 and 196, it is one of three services plying between Bedok and Clementi, and uses the most direct route.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Clementi Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Eunos, Guillemard Road, Bugis, Orchard Road, Holland Road|
|Route Length||23.0km (D1) | 22.7km (D2)|
|BCM Route Package
||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Bedok||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Clementi||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays & PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 12 mins
After 1930: 09 – 12 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 12 mins
After 1930: 08 – 13 mins
Service 7 is a major trunk route bridging East and West, connecting the residential towns of Bedok and Clementi with the suburban areas of Ulu Pandan, Holland and Guillemard, and finally the City areas of Bugis and Orchard. Its direct routing is a popular route between outlying estates and the city as an alternative to the MRT network.
Along with Service 14 and 196, Service 7 is one of three services plying between Bedok and Clementi, and uses the most direct route. Much of Service 7’s route has been retained since the 1970s. Serving many areas, demand is consistently high throughout the day, and double-deck buses make up the bulk of the fleet.
Service 7 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 20 Aug 2007.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
MRT Stations served by this bus service:
- Paya Lebar
- Dhoby Ghaut
- Bencoolen (U/C)
- Bras Basah
- Holland Village
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Service Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1979: Introduced by SBS as Bedok Int – Holland Rd Fringe Carpark (Dempsey Rd), semi-express route
- 1982: Route extended to Clementi
- 1985: Route extended to Jurong East and converted to local service
- 1991 (07 Apr): Shortened to Clementi Int via Clementi Ave 2 and 5 (instead of C’wealth Ave West) and Victoria Street (instead of Nicoll Highway)
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Clementi Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Int
- Refer to this article
- 1991: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1991.